Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.crystalsandgifts.co.uk/
What personal data do we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
WHERE WE SEND YOUR DATA
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
Here we explain in detail how your personal data is used to benefit your online experience. Rest assured, we only ever use personal information as is necessary, to provide you with the quality services you request and expect, or to prevent the misuse of our services. We also use your personal information for our own legitimate interests. This allows us to improve our products, better understand customer preferences, and to market products or services you may like. With your consent, we may send you certain promotional communications we feel are relevant. We may also use your personal data to comply with law when required.
In more detail
All the information we collect through our websites, apps, products, services, and through correspondence with you, is used by members of VIP PETS BAKERY to operate and improve the services we offer you. We will only use your personal information for:
Purposes necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
• To deliver our services, including dealing with orders and accounts for the supply of our goods, products and services and to help you shop with us.
• Enabling third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
• Enabling a debt collection agency to collect payment from you should that be necessary.
• Preventing and detecting fraud or abuses of our website or services. For example, making sure first-time customer promotions can only be used by first-time customers.
• Responding to and resolving complaints.
Our legitimate interests
•To personalise and improve your experience. We remember your choices and preferences to keep our websites running smoothly. For example, we’ll remind you of products you buy frequently, and we’ll remember your order in case your shopping session is interrupted. We personalise your experience on our websites by tailoring to your preferences. For example, by showing you products that we think you will like based on your shopping and browsing history. This may include targeted coupons or gifts. We create lists of your favourite products; remind you of products you may have forgotten (based on your shopping habits); recommend new items based on products other customers purchase and that we think you may like. Even the order in which products are displayed for you in response to a search query or aisle browsing may be based on your regular shopping habits.
We ask for your feedback on our products, websites, apps, and other services and activities which third parties may carry out on our behalf, including the use of surveys.
•To develop new products and services.
We use the information collected about how people use our services. This is alongside feedback provided directly to us to troubleshoot and identify trends, usage, activity patterns, and to help us improve the quality of our service. For example, we may analyse customer shopping habits to determine how best to offer relevant product pairing. We also test and analyse certain new features with some users before rolling them out to all users. We use personal data (which may be in an anonymised and aggregated format in some instances) to help plan and manage our business activities – such as deciding when to promote different products and services, or selecting which products to range.
•To inform you about products and services that may interest you.
We may use shopping history and preferences to develop and serve you relevant advertising on our websites, our apps and on third-party platforms (such as Facebook and Google), and also by post. At the same time, we analyse how customers engage with our marketing and our products so we can understand whether our campaigns are effective. We conduct market research to help us understand industry trends.
We share insights about our customers (in an anonymised and aggregated format) with the companies whose products we sell. This helps them better understand the different profiles of our customers, focusing on those who buy their products or are interested in them.
We advertise our services on other third-party websites and use personal data to help provide advertising that is most relevant to you. For example, we share information about the customer segments we are interested in reaching with advertising partners (such as Google, Facebook and Bing), so they can focus on showing ads to those who are most likely to be interested in our services.
We also share certain information with our selected suppliers to enable them to identify new prospective customers on our behalf and not to target advertise to individuals who are already customers
•To inform you about products and services that may interest you.
We use personal data to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers . For example, we use your data (such as your name, household information, details of failed payments and orders placed with us) to assist in monitoring for fraudulent transactions and failed payments.
We also use personal data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
Purposes for which you have provided us with your consent.
• To send you electronic marketing (except where we rely on legitimate interests for this). By ‘electronic marketing’ we mean marketing by email, telephone, SMS, push notifications and web advertising to inform you about the products and services we offer. This includes events, prize draws, competitions, gifts, vouchers, coupons, surveys, special offers and promotions.
• To show you web advertising. By ‘web advertising’ we mean digital marketing that we intentionally send or display to you on third-party online platforms or websites. For example, you may see advertising for our products and services on other websites you visit, or social media and other platforms you use (eg, Facebook and Google). These have been shown to you because we believed it would be relevant to your interests. ‘Web advertising’ does not include advertising we have not intentionally targeted to you (such as banner ads that are randomly shown to any visitor of a third-party website), or any personalisation or recommendations we show on our own websites, apps and services.
• To use ‘User Generated Content. By ‘User Generated Content’ we mean content created by you, and shared publicly (on social media for example) and which may showcase our brand or products.
Fulfilling our legal obligations.
• Allowing us to comply with any requirements imposed on us by law or court order, including disclosure to law or tax enforcement agencies or authorities or pursuant to legal proceedings.
• Maintaining records to meet regulatory and tax requirements.
• To collect and recover money that is owed to us.
• To investigate fraudulent activities that may occur on a customer’s account.
• To help us defend legal claims or to exercise legal rights.
• Contacting affected customers in connection with product recalls or other similar product quality issues.
• To comply with our legal obligations in connection with the sale of age restricted products.